AMD RX 6000 GPUs has not received any diver updates for 49 days and counting
The AMD Radeon RX 6000 series of graphics cards has not received a driver update in 49 days as of January 26, 2023. The last driver release, AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2, was on December 12, 2022. This lack of updates can have a significant impact on gamers who are using RX 6000 cards.
Newer games that are released after December 12, 2022 may not have day one optimization for the RX 6000 series. This means that the games may not perform as well as they could on these graphics cards, potentially causing issues such as lower frame rates and visual artifacts. Additionally, any bugs or issues that are discovered with the RX 6000 series after December 12 may not be addressed until a new driver is released.
This is not uncommon in the industry and it is not a surprise that most of the companies are focusing on their newer products, the RX 6000 series are still powerful options for gamers, but it is possible that they may not receive the same level of optimization and support as the newer RX 7000 series.
If you want to look at what optimizations has been done to the older RX 6000/5000 series GPUs, check out the latest driver’s release notes below:
- Support for:
- The Callisto Protocol™
- Need for Speed™ Unbound
- The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Update
- During video playback and window switching, an intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using some 240Hz refresh rate displays or high refresh rate primary display plus low refresh rate secondary display configurations.
- Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- AMDRSServ.exe may cause GPU utilization to remain at 100% after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
- An intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur while videos are playing in VRChat™ on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
- Intermittent system stuttering or UI flickering may occur when two videos are simultaneously playing using chromium-based browsers.
- During video playback and gameplay, frame drop may occur in chromium-based browsers with variable refresh rate enabled extended displays.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Texture flickering or artifacts may occur during Warhammer 40,000: Darktide™ gameplay.
- Some laptops using hybrid graphics and AMD Ryzen™ 5000 series Processors with Radeon™ Graphics may have no sound output using certain Realtek Audio versions.
- AMD is working with the game developers of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide™ to resolve issues with texture flickering and artifacts seen during gameplay.
The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 installation package contains the following:
- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 Driver Version 220.127.116.11 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.12029.10015).