Gigabyte had a well rounded 2018 – a year filled with product releases that found its way to a perfect place in the market while maintaining its spot with its graphics cards and motherboards.
What’s the best way to highlight everything along as showing the path of what comes ahead of the humble brand that built its way through the community? A product showcase of course !!!
Gigabyte-Aorus was keen on proving it had what it takes to go head to head with the other brands.
With the release of their new monitor, it finally was able to somehow create an “Aorus Ecosystem” on top of their gaming chair, mouse, keyboard, mousepad, SSD, Case, Motherboard, Graphics Card, Cooling fan, Headphone, and even a model figure. They haven’t just made an ecosystem that exists within the PC but they extended that to the whole setup.
The event had most tech and partner brand representatives present as well as other media and community personnel. Gigabyte-Aorus always had that close ties with the community which made everyone familiar to the other people in the event.
Mainly, the star of the show is the path that was well lit by the new products and variants Gigabyte-Aorus plans to release – They even made a roadmap for the variants of the new monitor.
The Aorus AD27QD was the talk of the town – mainly because it is the latest product to be released.
- 27” QHD panel with 144Hz (2560×1440 resolution)
- 16:9 aspect ratio (FreeSync and G-Sync available)
- 1MS Response Time
- 10 Bits color IPS
- High Dynamic Range and Vesa Certified
- With Built-in Digital LED in the back
- Aim Stabilizer
- Black Equalizer
- Game Assist
- OSD Sidekick
- ANC (Headphones must be connected to the monitor)
- Picture-in-picture and Picture-by-picture
- Blue Light Reduction
- USB Charger
- Power Board Build-in
They announced that they plan to release a 32 in and 49 in version of the monitor later this year. The amount of features they were able to fit in was a great deal considering that some monitors it is competing with will miss some of the features especially the ergonomic ones.
Something to fill the already growing niche in the PC community of water cooling enthusiasts – Aorus, revealed their AORUS Z390 XTREME WATERFORCE motherboard. I’ve always been a fan of their motherboards especially their ITX and high end boards. Watercooling integrated boards aren’t new to the Aorus line up – my motherboard which is an Aorus Z270 Gaming 9 actually has waterblocks built with it. but this new waterforce takes water cooling integration to a more efficient level.
AORUS Z390 XTREME WATERFORCE Specs:
– Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
– Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
– Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
– 16 Phase IR Digital VRM Solution with PowIRstage
– Cutting-edge AORUS All-In-One Monoblock for both CPU and PCH area.
– Onboard Intel CNVI 802.11ac 2×2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi with All new AORUS Antenna
– 127dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with High-End ESS SABRE 9018K2M DAC, LME 49720 and OPA1622 OP-AMP, WIMA audio capacitors
– AQUANTIA® 10GbE BASE-T LAN and Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
– Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 onboard
– Exclusive RGB FAN COMMANDER and OC Touch for professional casemodders and overclockers
– USB TurboCharger for mobile device fast charge support
– RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show design, support Addressable LED & RGB LED strips
– Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
– Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ Header
– Triple Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface with Triple Thermal Guards
On top of the show of flex with the eye candy waterforce ecosystem – modders (Mhike Samsin and Mickee Lacerna) made a quick demonstration and talk regarding custom loop watercooling.
This was actually an eye opener for me since I’m not really a fan of it (mainly its just because I’m too lazy with the maintenance involved with owning one)
From common misconceptions to basic materials and tube bending, it was all covered perfectly during the talk.
Gigabyte-Aorus ended the program much like every event they held – Built around the community, Thrive around the community, and Survive through the community. A humbling photo together with everyone in the event was taken to really show that it’s not just a common community that the brand holds but a family.